ISSUE 8 "CHRISTMAS SPECIAL 2022" includes:
- Our cover story this month explores the history of the adventure game genre. We look back at the genre's evolution, considering some of the most critically-acclaimed adventure games ever made including Colossal Cave Adventure, Zork, The Hobbit, Rogue, Space Quest, Eye Of The Beholder, Myst and many more!
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: With Veronika Megler, original co-developer of The Hobbit to celebrate the game's 40th birthday.
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: With Queen the band's video director, Steve Price!
Learn about the tech he's used and the monumental and complex task of
filming Queen at their live shows using numerous digital devices.
- BOOK REVIEW: Gamesmaster presenter Dominik Diamond's new book, Gamesmaster - The Oral History is put through its paces.
Nicholson recalls the early years and evolution of computer magazines,
as he shares his personal experiences from working at Future Publishing
in their early years. From Amstrad Action magazine to the birth of PC
Plus, this is a story from a key time in computing history that is not
to be missed!
- Ron Gilbert is back, we review the legend himself's latest offering: Return To Monkey Island.
- AdventureX 2022 event report, we check out the best advice for budding adventure game devs.
- Jagged Alliance 2 review and retrospective on the game series.
- The latest retro gaming dev news from the Amiga computer scene.
- The NESDev 2022 participants are our homebrew heroes this month, as we catch up on their latest game release news.
- Classic computing and legacy tech with the Nintendo Virtual Boy, Memotech MTX500 and the Psion Organiser.
- Pixel Addict's memorable childhood Christmas toys and collectables including the iconic Action Man.
- Toy Art UK collectables fair report.
- We catch up with retro streamer TheGebs24 and check out her gaming collection in her candid interview.
- Ex-Ocean software's Simon Butler.
- Regular sections on computing/gaming news, retro community, vintage software/hardware and Your Points Of View!
- Plus lots lots more..!
ISSUE 8 NOW AVAILABLE & IN STOCK.
EU / International Readers (outside of the United Kingdom)
We appreciate the support of readers outside of the United Kingdom. Thank you for being a part of Pixel Addict magazine. Please be aware that we only post internationally using economy surface mail. This is because standard airmail or tracked shipping would cost more than the actual magazine value.
Also note that EU customers are now charged IOSS / EU taxes at checkout, as a result you will not receive customs or import charges on your order.
International customers outside of the EU may be charged import tax from your own government via your postal service when the order is delivered, this will depend on the specific import rules of your region.
It can take a long time to receive your order depending
on where you live, please check Royal Mail's international delivery aims
below before ordering:
Pixel Addict Magazine Issue 08
- Brand: Pixel Addict
- Product Code: issue08
- Availability: In Stock